Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Writing retreat!

I'm back from the most wonderful writing retreat weekend with my talented writing partner, Tracy Walton. We holed up in a hotel that was midway between our homes. Other than splitting a bottle of wine in the evening, we did little but WRITE. No distractions and someone I respect to bounce ideas off of right there. It was heaven! Highlights has requested revisions on a non-fiction article, so I worked on that, spent some time on my MG novel, brainstormed plot points for my chapter book and wrote another chapter for it. The only sad part is that Tracy is moving to Florida and I'll miss her terribly. But I'm so happy we had a chance to get together in person and will continue to be writing partners on-line.

1 comment:

Rachel Hamby said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Cindy! Congrats on the revision request from Highlights too!