Friday, December 11, 2009

Agent Appreciation Day!

This blog is almost totally inactive, except for times like now when it's not! I must acknowledge my fabulous and funny agent Chris Richman with Upstart Crow Literary.
First, he's always responsive, even when I'm at my most neurotic. When I have a question or issue, he gets back to me almost immediately.
Second, his editorial eye is superb. I wanted an agent who would work with me closely on revisions, but I also wanted someone whose vision I trusted. Even in the instances when I don't agree with a suggestion, I understand where he's coming from (and those instances have been few.)
Third, he's fun and nice and down-to-earth and real. He seems to truly understand what writers go through, and reflects that in the way he deals with his clients.
Finally, I've been impressed with his sense of integrity. That's probably the most important thing to me, and he proved it early on, even before I signed with him.

I truly feel fortunate to have such a wonderful agent!

No comments: