Thursday, January 24, 2008

Writing

Chapter 11 is done, but every word was a struggle. All this week I've been fighting fever and flu, all the while trying to sandwich in tons of work for various Girl Scout and PTA projects.
This afternoon I finally felt well enough and had enough time to write. But I almost quit because I questioned every word I put down. I'm usually such a fast writer that this was a new and painful experience for me.

I also discovered I have to write a one-page synopsis for a conference I'm attending in March. The deadline is tomorrow. I've never written a synopsis before because one was never required for picture books. I thought it would be hard to come up with enough material for a full page, but boy was I wrong! I'm a few lines over and wondering if it's cheating to make it single space.

Argh! Too much going on right now... and too few coherent, not flu-ish moments to deal with them. I'm looking forward to a quiet, feeling-better, and time-to-write weekend.

No comments: